Monday 9 May 2016

Free Comic Book Day at Gosh! Comics

This past Saturday was Free Comic Book Day and Gosh! Comics in Soho had a host of events on to celebrate, including a Kids Drawing Workshop in the morning which I was asked to take part in. Here's the poster with an illustration by John Allison:



This was the first time that I'd done something like this, but it was a lot of fun. It was great to see so many kids into drawing and making comics and I enjoyed chatting with them, drawing alongside them and even given a few tips and advice.



Mauricio Molizane De Souza was hovering around all day taking some great photos, documenting the day's events.


I got a name badge (which I forgot to take off until about half an hour later when I was walking along Shaftsbury Avenue)!




Working on a jam-piece with Ramsey Hassan...



This was probably my favourite thing from the day! One kid asked me to draw a picture of Batman, which I did and then gave it to him to colour in. And after colouring in the cape, he went and gave his Batman yellow marigolds and drew him holding a sink plunger and added a bottle-cleaning sponge to his utility belt. Genius!





A bunch of drawings at the end of the Workshop, including my Spider-Man and a crocodile wearing a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment