Monday 9 March 2015

Webcomic Artist Swap Project 2015: Wasp's Week

Last week saw the third annual Webcomic Artist Swap Project (WASP) take place where a selection of webcomic artists swap art duties amongst their respective strips and work from each others’ scripts. While I don't have my own webcomic (Yet!), last year I was asked to contribute for art duties and drew Rachael Smith's One Good Thing comic. This year, myself and Lauren Murphy were asked to come up with a special comic that could be featured each day alongside the other WASP comics.

Lauren wrote the script for our story, which I then drew, and our strip was published over the seven days of WASP Week.















The whole page was then published on the final day of WASP for those that might have missed part of the story during the week...



I also contributed artwork for the WASP banner which contributers could include when they posted their artwork online:



And as a final bonus behind-the-scenes Process preview, here's my initial thumbnail layouts for our comic after my first read through of Lauren's script...

No comments:

Post a Comment