Wednesday 7 January 2015

Happy Birthday Richy!

A New Year means New Birthdays...or at least the same birthdays as last year, but a year older! And my friend Richy K. Chandler kicked things off with a birthday on New Year's Day. I worked with Richy on a story for his Tempo Lush Tales anthology comic which he published last year, which he wrote and I drew.

Richy also has his own webcomic, Lucy The Octopus, which is updated weekly. The main character Lucy (who is an octopus) has a pet pufferfish called Puffy. Richy is also a big fan of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. These two things suddenly collided in my brain, and I drew Richy this picture with him coming up with the natural spin-off...



[EDIT] I was just clearing up the desktop on my computer and I found this initial sketch that I drew when I suddenly had the idea for Richy's card, so thought I'd share it here...



No comments:

Post a Comment