Monday 4 March 2013

Acoustic Guitar - a 69 Love Songs comic

69 Love Songs, Illustrated is an online project, curated by Julia Scheele, attempting to illustrate all of the songs from The Magnetic Fields' three-volume concept album 69 Love Songs.

I had previously discovered the project towards the end of last year, and after seeing a recent tweet from Julia asking for more contributors, I decided to attempt my own interpretation of the song Acoustic Guitar.



After listening to the song a few times I made some notes and thumbnail sketches...



...and then condensed my initial ideas into a 3 page comic offering a slightly sideways take on the original song...
(click on the pages to enlarge)



You can view all the contributions to the project so far here, and if you are interested in taking part, the list of songs still available can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment