Tuesday 14 August 2012

Desperate Dan and The Dandy

Yesterday I read an article on the Guardian website reporting that The Dandy – the UK's longest running children's comic – faces closure after 75 years after it's circulation dipped below 8,000.

When I was a kid I use to read The Dandy every week along with The Beano, and they were probably one of the things that first got me interested in comics. I hope that The Dandy is able to turn around it's circulation figures and that news of it's possible closure will be enough to give it a boost in sales. It would be a shame for it to no longer exist.

All of which led me to do a quick drawing of Desperate Dan, one of the main characters featured in The Dandy, getting ready to tuck in to his favourite meal of cow pie...


No comments:

Post a Comment