Tuesday 7 September 2010

Influence Map

While I usually steer clear of internet memes, I discovered this one today and subsequently spent more time than was probably healthy putting together my own Influence Map.

The idea is to put together a visual list of your creative influences. It was fun to sit and think about who and what have influenced me creatively over the years, and while the list is by no means definitive, I think it provides an interesting insight into where I draw some of my inspiration, with a mixture of cartoonists, illustrators, artists, comics and animations, as well as other mediums.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting! Does the size of the pictures reflect the size of influence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is kind of the idea, although it's hard to quantify how much of an influence any one thing is - plus I really liked that Madman image and it seemed a shame to use it any smaller...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knocked one out too, not that I ever do any drawing, mind:

    http://tom-fogarty.com/blog/influence-map/

    ReplyDelete