Thursday 12 August 2010

UPside exhibition UPdate

Okay, so over the past few days I've been scribbling away working for the group exhibition that I'll be taking part in next month. You can read more about it here and here...


These are the first portraits of some of my friends that I've completed. I started working alphabetically through my list of friends, but quickly decided it would be more fun to work in a more haphazard approach and just draw people at random depending on my mood...

When I've completed all the portraits, I'll review the positioning of each portrait in relation to one another.

I'm enjoying the challenge of this project, to capture a good likeness of my friends and drawing a range of expressions, face shapes and hair styles. It's also quite interesting to concentrate solely on drawing a face with no added background details or elements.

The exhibition will be on from the 13 September until the 7 November at the Medcalf Gallery 40 Exmouth Market, London, EC1R 4QE.

4 comments:

  1. OMG is that me with the specs and the nose ring??? :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's the handsome fella with the mustache? He looks really cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever he is, he obviously can't spell & should learn to proof-read before posting..

    ReplyDelete