Friday 2 April 2010

An Orchestra in Barcelona

Last week I went on holiday to Barcelona. It was the first time I'd been and I really enjoyed going around the city and seeing the sites. Despite taking my sketchbook along with me in my suitcase, I was too busy going around and seeing as much as possible in the time I was there to stop and draw. However, I'd really like to go back again and take some time to do some drawing...

That's not to say I didn't do any drawing while I was away. I was staying with my friend who lives in Barcelona, and one evening they invited me along to a classical music recital. I have to admit to not really knowing much about classical music, but I really enjoyed watching the individual members of the orchestra all playing their part. While the music was playing, I found myself scribbling on my programme with a blue biro, capturing some of the musicians. It was a very nice atmosphere to draw in, with the sound of the classical music playing.

Anyway, here's a scan of my defaced programme...

1 comment:

  1. hehehe I love the old people especially! They will faint when they blow faggots and horns...!!

    ReplyDelete