Monday 14 September 2009

Paul Shinn covers Amazing Spider-Man 16

So, I found this really cool blog site called Covered where a variety of artists have redone existing comic book covers in their own style. It's an open submission site, and updated daily (Mon–Fri) with a new selected work.

Last week, I had a go at producing my own cover version of Amazing Spider-man #16, originally drawn by Steve Ditko in 1963. Unfortunately my submission did not make it onto the blog this time, but I was happy with the final image and wanted to post it here. Here is my submission on the right, next to the original cover:













I enjoyed working on this piece, and will definitely work on another cover to submit in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I like it Paul! You should do more for sure. I've been thinking of doing one but I can never pick a cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I am so going to do this, it's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete